Friday, October 3, 2014

The BEST Pumpkin Energy Balls (Paleo, Vegan)

Happy Friday!

How about these little gem balls of energy for the weekend ;). I've made a ton of treats like these before but I have to say, these are my favorite so far! Plus anything with Pumpkin is always a good thing. These are great to have around the house to grab for a quick treat.


Ground up nuts that you make in the amazing Pumpkin Energy Balls. I'm making these again this weekend.



Original recipe HERE from the Lean Green Bean!



PUMPKIN ENERGY BALLS (Paleo, Vegan)

INGREDIENTS
  • ½ cup pumpkin seeds (shelled)**
  • ½ cup sunflower seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
  • ½ cup almonds
  • ½ cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup chopped & pitted dates
  • ½ cup rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon ginger
Note** I didn't have pumpkin seeds so I doubled the amount of almonds and it worked well!

DIRECTIONS 
  • Add the seeds and almonds into a food processor and pulse until well chopped. Set aside.
  • Add the pumpkin, dates, oats, cinnamon, and ginger into a food process and combine, approximately 1 minute.
  • Combine the two mixtures.
  • Form the dough into 1 big ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and let sit int he freezer for 1 hour.
  • Divide dough into 1" balls, and enjoy! 
I stored mine in the freezer even after I made the smaller balls, but they would work well in the fridge too.


Give me 1 fun fact about yourself.

Tell me about your weekend plans!



8 comments:

  1. I can't do bangs either. My face is too round and I have a cowlick that makes them stick straight up. I have have made this mistake a couple time. It's so cute how you play with your sister. My sister is 6 years younger than me so we always had such a big gap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a 15 year gap going on over here ;)

      Delete
  2. I've never had a PB&J sandwich either! I love peanut butter sandwiches but jelly grosses me out! It's way too sweet! Also why I don't like Gu! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My body DEF does not agree with Gu! GOOD LUCK THIS MORNING!

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted bangs so badly, but I just can't pull them off. It's p much the tragedy of my life.
    Weekend plans are catching up with work (never fun) and logging some miles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of PBJ. BUT I do like PB and banana. I have always had bangs. I am the opposite, I think I look weird without!
    Ran my last long run in my training cycle this past weekend, then went and had dinner/campfire with family friends--WONDERFUL time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A campfire right about now sounds amazing!

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...