Friday, October 10, 2014

Sweet Potato Brownies

Happy Friday!

I am still on a little road trip but am coming back late tonight to be home to celebrate my Mom's [insert young age here] birthday =). She requested a healthy meal which I gave her an amen, yes please, I got chu, and a hallelujah response to.

These Sweet Potato Brownies were like a fudgey bites of heaven: Fudge + Brownie = Fudgnie. Yes, these fudgnies were so good.



The routine: 
Everyone: "Amanda, what are you putting in those brownies?"
Amanda: "Don't worry about it."
Everyone: "No but really, what is going in there?"
Amanda, "Sweet potatoes and dates."
Everyone (with gross face), "Noooo thank you, I'm going to pass on these."
30 minutes later half the brownies are gone before I touch them. People of the world: healthy does NOT mean not tasty. I'm making my family a believer one bite at a time.

PS. I have to tell you this because it was too cute. Haley proceeds to say, "Dates?! In brownies?! Aren't dates the day of the week?! How is that going in there?"
2 tbsp of Sunday with a pinch of Friday.



I really love you guys so I would not lead you astray, these are SO good. And they have 0 flour, 0 sugar, and 0 butter so you don't have to feel bad about having a little extra (except watch out for ripping pants, that could have been hectic if I was in public). Original recipe HERE.




SWEET POTATO BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS
  • 1¼ c pitted dates
  • ½ c cooked sweet potato, mashed
  • ¾ c nut butter (I used almond butter)
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ c applesauce (I used unsweetened)
  • ⅓ c unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ¾ tsp baking soda
  • ⅔ c dark chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  • Combine the dates, nut butter, and sweet pototo into a food process. Process until well mixed.
  • Add in the eggs and applesauce, process until combined. Add the baking soda and cocoa powder.
  • Add your chocolate chips and stir.
  • Bake in a 8"8" baking dish for approximately 20 minutes.

What are you up to this weekend? Give me a life update!


4 comments:

  1. Haha i am the same way when it comes to telling people what's in my desserts. As soon as the bf knows he sticks his nose up!
    I fell in love with coconut oil last year. It's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That instagram!! Yes!!! hahaha

    I'm taking the grandma route tonight too! Whoo big Friday night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try out those brownies! I've been looking for a healthy brownie recipe that doesn't involve any flour.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...