Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Coconut Pancakes (Paleo)

On Sunday after my 16 miler I had a really intense craving for Coconut Pancakes. These were light, fluffy coconut pancakes from heaven.


In other news, I'm really good at drawing, especially people. If you need your portrait done, I got you. I promise my hand won't spazz on the left leg.


Soccer used to be my jam. 46 juggles. 


Who needs a foam roller when you have this?


I have a confession. In the first few steps of my run on Sunday I could feel my ankle hurting. It didn't hurt to the point where I couldn't keep going, so I did. I wanted to run so badly I couldn't help myself, and 16.41 miles later it was a bit tender. Dear, Anterior talofibular ligament, please, feel better. Love, Amanda.

SOURCE

I run almost completely on my toes which puts a lot of pressure on this ligament. It's a Grade 1 sprain meaning I should be as good as new in a few days. A few days without running is actually really hard for me, but I am going to try to put together a strength exercise to build up all my muscles around my ankles and knees.  I used to want to be skinny, now I just want to be strong.



Back to these pancakes because these make me really happy. I halved the recipe and it made about 3 medium/large pancakes. Enjoy!


Original recipe HERE.

COCONUT PANCAKES (Paleo)

INGREDIENTS
  • 4 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon honey 
  • 1 cup coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda (not "strict paleo")
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • Coconut oil (for the pan)

DIRECTIONS 
  • Combine the wet ingredients, eggs, milk, vanilla, and honey. Mix well, for approximately 2 minutes.
  • Combine the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients.
  • Heat over medium heat, using coconut oil to grease the pan. 
  • Cook on each side for approximately 2 minutes.

Worst running injury?

Favorite Netflix movie/ tv show / documentary?

Best pancakes you've ever eaten? Leave a link to a recipe!

8 comments:

  1. Ah close the horoscope! Close it! Stay away from boys as long as you can lol. I was a softball player. I loved it so much, I felt lost after I graduated! I love the secret on netflix. It's a documentary. So motivating.
    Ashley @ Kickashmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must watch the secret!!! I've heard great things, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, when I got injured at a soccer game, suddenly I wanted to play sooo bad, when before I was feeling burnt out.

    Hope you feel better!!!! Ligament injuries are the pits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that drawing is awesome! Unfortunately that the poor man has such a swollen foot, I can totally relate right now. My feet are like balloons! I need to get my compression socks back on ASAP!

    Seriously too funny that you drew his butt... I am laughing like a 5 year old :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha the butt and the right foot got me for a good 5 minutes.

      After some runs I feel like my whole body needs a compression sock.

      Delete
  5. Horoscopes are crazy things. Mine routinely tells me that I'm going to go bankrupt - yes on running stuff!
    Hope you feel better soon and congrats on the 16 miler! I see a marathon in your future ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so!! =)

      Horoscopes = never again.

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...