Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Banana bread + my top 4 running songs

Hey guys, how's it going? I hope today has been a good one!

The other morning we had 4 VERY ripe bananas that were screaming to be cooked with so I whipped up these mini-loafs. This Banana Bread was so good I cannot even do it justice in this post. I hate the word "moist" for some reason, but this bread was just that and I cannot think of any other way to describe it. Truly melted in your mouth.


All you non-Paleors (myself included!), don't let the Paleo title scare you away, this bread was better than all non-Paleo versions I have had. AND my sister even loved it, now that says something.


The best DIY project I've ever done. Hot glue crayons to a canvas and blow dry them upside down so they melt. I am 0% artistic so this was a huge life accomplishment. Maybe even resume worthy under?? "Skills: Blow drying crayons"


Even though I'm taking a few days off running, these are my new, top 4 fave songs that helped me sail through 16 miles:


Yes, I'm all over the place. Yes, I still listen to Dixie Chicks,

Smoothie for breakfast. So thick she needed a bowl. Blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, raspberry, yogurt and chia seeds for the win.


Just cruising the neighborhood to see which of her friends are playing outside.


Loafs of heaven! Seriously, you must try this banana bread. The more ripe the bananas, the better it will taste.


Original Recipe HERE from Civilized Caveman Cooking.


BANANA BREAD (Paleo)

INGREDIENTS
  • 4 ripe bananas, (2.5 cups, mashed)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted (or sub coconut oil)
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour 
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • pinch of sea salt

DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • Combine all the wet ingredients (bananas, eggs, nut butter, and butter) and mix well (I used a hand mixer).
  • Add in dry ingredients.
  • I used mini loafs and these cooked in about 20 minutes.
This was the best Banana Bread I've had in my life. All overly ripe bananas will be used to make this recipe going forward.

Best DIY craft you've ever done?

Favorite type of bread?
-- Pumpkin bread

Anyone know what they are going to be for Halloween yet?

Any words you hate?
-- moist, panties (that sounds weird in that order, sorry)


10 comments:

  1. If a child likes your recipe you know it's good! I love making art. I love to draw. I haven't made anything for my house yet. Maybe I'll whip out the pencils this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous you can draw!! I've always wished I had drawing skills!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the banana bread recipe! I'd love to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL how is it that we have the two same least favorite words!!!?? I love pumpkin bread. It's about that time for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two words... yuk! I feel like only creepers and Victoria Secret signs call them panties!

    What is your puppy's name? She's soooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have a few super ripe bananas lying around. I'll have to give it a try! And I would have to say that my favorite bread is pumpkin bread...with chocolate chips. I found a Paleo pumpkin spice bread recipe recently, and I put the dough in a muffin tin to make muffins and added chocolate chips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing!! Do you have the recipe?!

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...