Thursday, October 16, 2014

Baked Oatmeal Recipe and a Quick Video...a Vlog?

Hi there, I hope today has been great so far!

Thank you to all my wonderful readers who sent me Baked Oatmeal recipes yesterday, you guys are really really awesome. I went for the ever trusty, nutritious, and always delicious Fannetastic Food's Baked Oatmeal recipe, original HERE. Thanks, Anne!



I really feel like I am so lucky to have such amazing friends. Samantha stopped by with presents to help celebrate some exciting things lately. It made my night / day / week. Yes, if I am not in my work clothes I am in sweats. I took my SATs in high school in PJ pants. 


She knows the way to my heart: Cookie on the bottom, Oreo in the middle, Brownie on the top. Whoever invented this is now the smartest person in my book. Not soooo healthy, but you gotta treat yo self every once in awhile =).


The night ended with some red wine and The Hangover. Wine and nights at home are sort of my thang. 


I'm really excited I got my hair to stay in this crazy bun. Haley is really excited she is using JetBlue cards because our older sister works there.

Crazy-High-Bun-How-To: Take really greasy hair, get it really tangled and form a ball on top of your head, wrap a pony tail around it and hope it sticks.


Haley really wants you to know 2 things:
1) That she really and truly hopes you are having a good day and hello to you all. This morning on our way to the bus stop we decided to "Choose Happiness" today and we hope you do too! We are sappy and lovers of life.
2) That the bun on my head is ridiculous and that the purple unicorn in my lap is hers (in case there was any confusion).

video

This is a face of panic and stress. Why? Because this happened...


Is there anything more anxiety provoking than WAR and DOUBLE ACES coming up?! Sweaty pits. 


Remember when you thought I was going to give you a Baked Oatmeal recipe?! =) Here it is!

I halved the recipe and omitted the banana because ours were not ripe enough yet, and it turned out just as great!



BAKED OATMEAL

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/3 cup dried fruit 
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used whole almonds)
  • 2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1.5 cup skim 
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 very ripe banana
  • 2 tbsp. oil
  • 1 egg, beaten
DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  • Combine the dry ingredients: oats, sugar, fruit, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder.
  • Combine the wet ingredients: milk, applesauce, banana (optional), oil, egg
  • Combine the wet to the dry and put into a cooking pan. Be sure to spray the pan with non-stick spray.
  • Bake for approximately 20 minutes. 
Do you wear your hair the same way every day?
- messy buns every morning. I need help.

Tell me one fun fact about your day!


4 comments:

  1. I've been craving wine so bad. Two more months!
    Ashley @ Kickashmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what your good news is! Stop teasing us! :)

    Are the Oreo cookies inside of that dessert still crunchy are do they get kind of soft?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They get kind of soft! I'm getting hungry just thinking about them =)

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...