Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Roasted Butternut Squash Tots

Happy Wednesday! I cannot believe school is already back in session and summer is coming to an end.

Hales started her first day of 4th grade. Maddie (my dog) started her first day of peace and quite again.



My mom and I volunteered at Miriam's Kitchen in Washington, DC. Volunteering to feed the homeless > my 5AM run. I'm trying a to have a 'Selfless September' and this was my first step. I have a bit a huge running obsession so I was bummed to give up my run but it was worth it times a million.

We felt it was inappropriate to snap a photo, but this is Michelle Obama serving at Miriam's Kitchen. FYI - she is the potato scooper in this picture and I was the potato scooper during my visit. Transitive property - I am just like Michelle Obama.


 (Source)

I have a quick and easy, and oh so delicious Butternut Squash Tots recipe for ya today!





ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH TOTS


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 medium butternut squash
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS 
  • Slice the Butternut Squash into 1" cubes
  • Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper
  • Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 30 minutes


Have you ever been to one of the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives spots from the Food Network?

Tell me 1 goal for September!




2 comments:

  1. Those garlic fries actually sound pretty good. Looks like it was a fun wedding.

    There's a Canadian version of Diners, Driveins, and Dives, and I've been to a couple places on that show. The first one is a great burger place, and the other one is an amazing deli with all kinds of smoked meat sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smoked meat sandwiches sound amazing. I'm hungry already!

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...