Friday, September 26, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Muffins

Happy Friday! Yay!

In honor of the start of Fall, I decided cooking with Pumpkin needed to happen.






And some Friday Favorites to keep you entertained at work or at home and get ya to the weekend:


These Boots in Brown - I'm going for a bohemian chic style this Fall...crickets.



THIS vest!

Annnnnd lastly, the fact that: I JOINED A GYM! Thanks too all you all who encouraged me to go for it. I really couldn't help myself but take a gym selfie because I was SO excited to be back in a gym.


If I'm being totally honest, I went to UVA and the recent events have really hit me hard. Running in the dark at 4:45am quickly became not an option anymore and I realized safety is most important. Soooo I'm reunited with the love of my life....just me and my best friend, ya know, the treadmill....5 mile interval run this morning with an average 7:45 pace.


This is the first "smaller" gym I've joined. I was hesitant at first but it is just absolutely perfect for me. Zero crowds, 24 hour access, and all the equipment. Stability ball planks + pushups intervals. Not pictured: me dying slowly. One of my Fall goes is to work on my non-running muscles. It's a start!



Breakfast were these amazing Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins! They were gone in less than 24 hours in my house. Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, hide ya Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins.



Adapted from HERE!

PUMPKIN SPICE QUINOA BREAKFAST MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS
  • 3/4 cup raw quinoa
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed (I used oatmeal because I didn't have ground flax)
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice mix 
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Cook the quinoa (bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes. Water to quinoa ratio - 2:1)
  • Combine the flour, sugar, flax seed.
  • In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin spice, salt, pumpkin, oil, vanilla, egg white, and syrup.
  • Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
  • Spoon into a greased muffin pan.
  • Bake for 15 minutes, or until desired 
Enjoy!


What're your plans for this weekend? Any fun fitness or cooking adventures?

Give me one Friday Fave!

10 comments:

  1. I have a big android and I love it! At first it felt weird but blogging is awesome on it. I'm actually waiting for my galaxy s5 to come in the mail. I am way too scared to run in the morning. You're right, safety first!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh blogging from a large and in charge phone would be wonderful =).

      Delete
  2. I've heard such good things about scandal but I refuse to be sucked into yet another tv show! I don't like overly large phones either, they've got to be able to fit into the pocket of skinny jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get sucked in, you won't regret it ;)

      Delete
  3. I had an Android prior to my IPhone, and didn't like that it wouldn't fit into pockets, so the new, bigger IPhone is out for me...
    Good for you for joining a gym, safety must come first! I am putting it off as long as possible, I join when I can't handle the cold anymore--usually January...I have the luxury of being able to take a mid-day run.
    Love the fall sweaters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mid-day runs sound glorious, I'm jealous!

      Delete
  4. I stumbled on your blog recently and I'm loving it! I also didn't belong to a gym for the longest time. I recently moved to Houston and wasn't too comfortable running along the bayou early in the morning. The area isn't known for it's spectacular crime rate. I hate the treadmill, but it gets the job done and keeps me safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare! So glad you stumbled across the blog =) Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  5. I love your sweater and boots! I wish we got that season down here! :)

    SO surprised to see DC as the most expensive place to live, and was also really surprised to see NJ listed before California!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...