Happy Friday! Yay!
In honor of the start of Fall, I decided cooking with Pumpkin needed to happen.
And some Friday Favorites to keep you entertained at work or at home and get ya to the weekend:
These Boots in Brown - I'm going for a bohemian chic style this Fall...crickets.
Annnnnd lastly, the fact that: I JOINED A GYM! Thanks too all you all who encouraged me to go for it. I really couldn't help myself but take a gym selfie because I was SO excited to be back in a gym.
If I'm being totally honest, I went to UVA and the recent events have really hit me hard. Running in the dark at 4:45am quickly became not an option anymore and I realized safety is most important. Soooo I'm reunited with the love of my life....just me and my best friend, ya know, the treadmill....5 mile interval run this morning with an average 7:45 pace.
This is the first "smaller" gym I've joined. I was hesitant at first but it is just absolutely perfect for me. Zero crowds, 24 hour access, and all the equipment. Stability ball planks + pushups intervals. Not pictured: me dying slowly. One of my Fall goes is to work on my non-running muscles. It's a start!
Breakfast were these amazing Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins! They were gone in less than 24 hours in my house. Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, hide ya Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins.
Adapted from HERE!
PUMPKIN SPICE QUINOA BREAKFAST MUFFINS
- 3/4 cup raw quinoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (I used oatmeal because I didn't have ground flax)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice mix
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the quinoa (bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes. Water to quinoa ratio - 2:1)
- Combine the flour, sugar, flax seed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin spice, salt, pumpkin, oil, vanilla, egg white, and syrup.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until desired
Give me one Friday Fave!