Monday, September 8, 2014

No Bake Energy Balls and a Confession

Hi guys, I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Mine was wonderful and filled with a lot of good eats and amazing friends.

Today I bring to you the easiest and most delicious snack: Energy Balls. But first, I have a confession...


I realized this weekend that I may be a bit obsessed with Brooks PureFlow 2s. Five pairs here, and 1 pair somewhere in an undisclosed location in California but I've kissed those goodbye, so I'm sticking with only admitting to having 5 pairs.  They were going extinct so I went crazy when they went on sale and knowing I have PureFlows to last me the next few races makes my heart happy. 

***THANK YOU to Janae who first turned me onto these shoes....without them, I'd be lost injured. <--No, I'm never dramatic.****



I have the best high school friends a girl could ask for. I wish we could celebrate Becca's birthday every night.


Confession #2: I ate all of these Energy Balls in 1 day. 





I got the original recipe HERE but adapted it a bit. Enjoy!



My race is in 6 days! My thoughts on my most recent fuel choice: pitted dates with almond butter, is coming at ya tomorrow.


NO BAKE ENERGY BALLS


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS 
  • Combine all the ingredients, pop in the fridge for 20 minutes and enjoy!

What are you addicted to?

Best thing you ate this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking into the brooks pureflows as I'm going to need another pair of running shoes soon! I'll definitely look into them now because injuries really are no fun. I love having dates too before a run, they're so yummy but I have yet to try almond butter, the whole running community seems to be obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the dates and almond butter! They were a bit messy but really tasted good and worked well!

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...