Thursday, September 4, 2014

Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette

Hi there, I hope your day is off to a good start!

Last night I decided to experiment a bit in the kitchen and start adapting recipes. Every time I "experiment" my family seems to flee the kitchen, afraid they'll be victims of experimentation gone wrong. This Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette = great success. Point, Amanda.



My food processor is Haley's morning alarm to get up for school.


Anyone else feel like they are freezing 24/7?? Thank goodness my boss doesn't think I am crazy.


A hint as to what kind of Homemade Doughnuts are coming at ya soon. Not obsessed with pumpkin or anything.



After my traumatic Gu experience I decided Clif Shot Bloks are my fuel of choice.


A love affair has begun.

I had 14 miles on the schedule. I took 3 shot bloks before the run, 1 at mile 7, 1 at mile 9, and the last one at mile 11. I think splitting up the intake allowed my stomach to digest this fuel much more easily. I loved them!

My half marathon is in 10 days (insert nervous laugh here) and I usually don't like to carry fuel or water with me for anything under a half-marathon. Not necessarily recommended, just a personal preference.


Lately I've been wanting to eat raw foods or make my own recipes so I can avoid processed or artificial additives. I haven't gone crazy with it but I notice I have more energy and feel better when I eat clean. Hence my inspiration to make my own salad dressing =). Enjoy! Let me know if you try it!





HOMEMADE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE


INGREDIENTS
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp lemon juice 

DIRECTIONS 
  • Whisk all ingredients and serve =)

**Adapted recipe from Anne!

Do you run with fuel for a half-marathon? Favorite gear?



2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be trying this salad dressing. It looks easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...