A little bite of heaven for ya for the weekend: Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwich with Fig & Honey. You know you're right if Goat Cheese is in what you're eating. All the goat cheese.
I am off to Pennsylvania for my race and to visit with some family. This race is not one in which I hope to PR, just one I am running for the love of running. I don't feel fast, but I feel strong. Strong = injury free = running = endorphins = happy Amanda.
I got my first Sports Massage the other day to help with calf tightness and it worked miracles. She was able to massage out all my knots and break out fluid.
The 2 foam rolling stretches I do every morning that save my life:
1) Calves - I put my opposite leg on top of the calf I am stretching for extra pressure. My calves have been extra tight lately so this one is the best.
2) IT Band - I put all my weight on my leg as I roll it out. It hurts so good. I haven't had any IT Band trouble lately but I keep doing this as a preventative measure.
Where are my Scandal / Scott Foley (aka Jake) fans at?!? Click the link, you won't regret it.
I also cannot handle the cuteness that is this guitar playing puppy: Video HERE
Waffle recipe fail. Would you believe me if I told you I still tried to huddle over it and scrape off what I could and eat it?
Grilled cheese success.
Original recipe HERE.
GRILLED GOAT CHEESE SANDWICH
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 package goat cheese
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine the honey and goat cheese until blended
- Spread 1 tbsp of this mixture onto 1 bride slice
- Top the bread slice with 1 tbsp of fig preserve and basil (to taste)
- Top with remaining bread slice and lightly coat each bread side with butter
- Cook in pan on medium heat for approximately 2 minutes and flip
When is your next race?
What is the weirdest thing you've ever had on a sandwich?