Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fiery Red Salsa #VersaChallenge

Hi friends!

It's already Wednesday, you're half way there! I am going to Florida on Friday so this week is an extra short one for me.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you the Versa Challenge. Ya know ya wanna. Make this salsa (recipe at the bottom), Instagram a picture of it with the hashtag #VersaChallenge (<--my entry!), and boom you've just entered yourself into a lottery to win $200 Walmart gift card.

Salsa fun fact: Spicy foods can boost your metabolism and your body tends to burn calories for approximately 20 minutes post consumption. 



Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Half-Marathon Race Recap! One more thing from the EXPO - if you know me well, you know that this shirt is basically me in a nut shell. I love running in the AM, wine in the PM, and chocolate at all hours #allthechocolate.


I also stumbled across a picture of me after a half-marathon almost exactly 1 year ago.  I couldn't help but think about how much has changed in my life in just 1 year and how extremely blessed I feel for those who are still by my side through all the changes and curve balls life has thrown. My job has changed, I've moved, and a few people have come and gone but I feel like I am exactly right where I'm supposed to be and have never been happier. Okay, I'm done being emo. Clearly one thing has stayed the same: my affinity for black headbands.


Breakfast was some rolled oats, mashed banana, milk, cinnamon, and whole almonds. Trying to eliminate calories by eating less for breakfast can really come back to haunt you later in the day. I've started eating complete breakfasts which make me feel satiated and full longer!

Eat breakfast friends, don't skip it!!

Fun fact kind of day: 
Breakfast fun fact: Our metabolisms slow down at night when we are sleeping and eating a well balanced, nutrient dense breakfast in the morning will jump start your metabolism for the day. A boosted metabolism facilitates weight loss.


Now for le challenge! The ingredients are super simple.


You quite literally just throw everything into a food processor.


And let it do the work for you. Amen.





FIERY RED SALSA


INGREDIENTS
  • 2 large cloves of garlic
  • 2 cans of whole tomatoes, drained
  • 1 white onion, quartered
  • Fresh cilantro leaves
  • JalapeƱos, stemmed and quartered (I only used 1)
  • 1/2 tsp sugar 
  • Salt
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
DIRECTIONS 
  • Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend!

Has this year been a year of change? What's the biggest thing that has changed?

Best surprise you've ever gotten?


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I need that race vest in my life! Totally the things to live by :)
    I really agree with you about the breakfast thing - It's probably my biggest meal of the day and it makes sure that I don't overeat in my other meals. Also, I mean the whole reason we get out of bed in the morning is to eat right?!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...