I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend with friends, family, and a lot of good eats =). Mine was filled with a mini college reunion and one absolutely stunning bride. Pictures coming tomorrow!
Before I left for Indiana, I made this homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe (HERE - from Chocolate Covered Katie) and it was consumed it about 45 minutes by my family.
Haley included...who hates ALL of my "nutrition recipes". I decided to do a little psychology experiment with this one and not tell her it was a healthy version. I just asked if she wanted some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and of course she said yes....and proceeded to inhale it...
The funniest part is that as she was mass consuming this cookie dough, she told me I should try a healthy version of it for the blog. I thought it was only fair to break the news to her that this was actually a healthy version...and proceeded to tell her what she was eating....
After many "I am going to throw up"s, she forgave me and came to meet me for lunch the next day =). Best lunch date.
And then gave me a calf massage when I got home from work to help prepare me for my 5AM run. She got to punch me and I got a massage. It really worked out. She takes forms of payment in chocolate chips if anyone else is interested.
I only over pack a little...this was for less than 48 hours....
This was painful. There should have been a moon on my alarm and not a sun since the sun was barely up when I got home.
The secret ingredient of the hour: CHICKPEAS.
- High in dietary fiber and iron
- High in protein - great source for vegetarians!
- Heart healthy - can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
- Full of antioxidants
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
Let me know if you try it!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used Almond Butter)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used skim)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2.5 tbsp oats
*Note - Any nut butter will work, but Peanut Butter will definitely add a PB kick to your cookie dough.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips in the food processor until smooth
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours before serving
- I roll all my clothes
Do you belong to a gym or run outside?
- I reallllly want to join a gym but am not sure if I should