Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Candy Combo Oatmeal and Half-Marathon Playlist

Good morning! How about some candy for breakfast?!

The Candy Combo Oatmeal has the following candy:

Almond Joy (coconut + almonds)
Samoa (chocolate + coconut)
Reese's (chocolate + almond butter)

Not the actual candy, but the candy flavors and it's not processed so it is healthier ;). This is my new favorite oatmeal combo. It is the perfect combo of crunch, sweet, and savory.


Oatmeal recipe roundup at the end of the post!




I had a lot of people ask where this dress is from, and it is J. Crew (found HERE)!
PS. I forgot my straightener and so this was the byproduct of a messy bun, let down, and thrown to one side. A straightener has now topped my "must-pack" list.


I've had a lot of requests for my Half-Marathon playlist, so here it is! Running to good music makes all the difference for me. I try for songs with 180 beats per minute (BPM). Music with the right BPM can really impact your stride.


Increasing your stride rate is one way to increase your speed. Elite runners have an average stride rate of 180 strides per minute. The idea is to increase your cadence (steps per minute) while exerting the same effort. To increase your stride, find music that helps pace your steps. Or try swinging your arms a little faster and your feet will follow. The average recreational runner has a stride per minute between 150-170. Try to increase your stride by 5%!

Find your stride rate: once you are at a natural rhythm, count the number of strides you take in 60 seconds. Or count left foot strikes in 60 seconds and then multiply by 2. 

Having brightly painted nails also makes me run faster. Maybe? Probably? Yes, definitely. Salon de Haley. I paid her with chocolate and hugs.


Taking my "all-natural" kick to a whole new level: nature's breakfast in Florida.



Oatmeal recipe roundup:

Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Banana Bread Oatmeal
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Overnight Rolled Oats

I've also been meaning to try this recipe from PB Fingers:
Three-Minute Egg White Oatmeal


Do you run for speed? What are some of your training tricks?

Favorite oatmeal recipe?




11 comments:

  1. I'm book marking this! I can't start running again until February (having a baby in December) but I am planning on working so hard on my running after! I will get to Boston one day!
    Ashley @ KickAshMom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay congrats on the baby! And I am right there with ya, Boston is definitely on the bucket list =)

      Delete
  2. Love that you ran to ignition remix - that song was my childhood! I'm adding it to my running playlist ;) Always want to improve my speed but I've been really lazy with speed-work recently - something to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah i love these oatmeal recipes! It's been so hot here in LA, but I will be getting back on the oatmeal train soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these candy combos. I've never put chocolate in my oatmeal, but the almond joy combo sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these oatmeal combos - I've never put chocolate in my oatmeal, but the almond joy option sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU for sharing your playlist!!! I completely forgot about Ignition Remix and that is obviously such a perfect running song! Bailando is also such a good one I never would have thought of on my own! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very welcome!!! Glad you found some new ones =)

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...