Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Brussels Sprouts - The Good Kind ;)

Heyyy, how about them sprouts?!

After years (literally, years) of being scared of making Brussels Sprouts I finally conquered my fear and turned these into the most delicious veg ever. My Dad usually hates Brussels Sprouts but I saw him going back for seconds and thirds so I'm pretty sure these even passed his test ;).


Please note I am now running when it is LIGHT out.  No more pitch black morning runs for me. Empty trails, trees, and the sun are sort of the perfect combo in my life right now.


I meant to do 8 miles but felt strong so I kept going until I hit 14 miles. I actually hit about 13.93 but ran circles around my neighborhood to hit an even 14 miles because not ending on an even number would really traumatic, ya know?



This should read: The Longest Run You've Ever Done Without Accidentally Turning Off Your Garmin at Some Point. I made a new playlist the night before this run and I think it's the best one yet.


Hi from the cutest, sweetest dog in all the land. She asked me to brush her fly-away hairs after seeing this photo, she was so embarrassed. 


When I asked my mom to get brussels sprouts I imagined the usual bagged brussels sprouts. She came over to me and said, "Found 'em!" and was holding this...


They ended up being amazing, and really fun to chop off!



These were so easy and had everyone asking for more! This is what I did:

- Cut off the stems and half all sprouts.
- Put them into a plastic bag and add 2 - 3 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, a dash of salt, and lemon juice (this is optional).

PS. Mind. Blown. Dennis Kimetto's run looks like my best attempt at a sprint. Watch the video HERE.




Tangent Tuesday - what random thought has been on your mind lately?!

Favorite workout song right now?

10 comments:

  1. I love Brussels sprouts. Awesome job on the run! I always run around until I get an even number lol.
    Ashley @ Kickashmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brussels sprouts!! Your recipe sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so traumatic when you don't hit an even number. Well done on your 14 miler and wishing your mum a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really love Brussels sprouts. Those look so good.

    I actually don't ever run extra mileage to hit numbers. My training lot (I'm injured now...but when I'm not) is so random. It's like 12.455 miles, 3.456...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you are injured, hoping for a speedy recovery!!

      Delete
  5. Whaaaaat I had no idea brussels sprouts grew like that! I've never had one... the smell of them cooking just totally puts me off.

    Way to get in FOURTEEN when you were aiming for 8!!!! That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either!!! Learn something new every day ;)

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...