Friday, September 19, 2014

BaNANA Cupcakes

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm off to South Florida for a a weekend full of family time and a wedding!

My Nana is one of the best cooks I know. Her recipes aren't always necessarily healthy, but they sure are ah-ma-zing. After mass consuming these Banana Cupcakes, I asked her if I could write down the recipe for y'all because they were too good not to share.


Some last minute cramming before we attempt our Flash Mob this weekend at the wedding. I'm a little nervous you guys. I'm not the cutest Zumba dancer annnnd I tend to choke in front of others so this could be a hot mess.



The one on the far left is my older sister practicing in NYC. It's happening.

Zumba Ad -->: It Moves You
I think this will start happening to me soon.

Other Friday Faves:

37 People who Failed so Spectacularly they Almost Won

This Hatha Flow Jacket  <-- needs to go on sale ASAP

Never Underestimate a Day

Forget the Pumpkin Spice Latte! Enjoy Fall Flavors With These Protein Bars

Funky Cropped Harm ZUMBA Pants or THESE

What my mornings look like.  Anyone else run out of patience after about 30 seconds of "Getting Location" when you are standing in the SAME location every. single. morning.


Sad news, you guys. These PureFlows have reached their mile maximum and had their last run this morning. I made it a 6 mile Tempo Run so that they could go out on a high (and tiring) note. Mile 5 I legit thought about laying horizontal on the running trail because my legs were dead.

According to Runner's World, you should replace your running shoes every 300 - 500 miles, so I always go with an even 400.  Ever sine I started replacing my shoes every 400 miles I have noticed a huge decrease in injuries.


Breakfast was a vegetable omelet and a HUGE cup of coffee. I also had some granola and almonds on the side for a little bit of crunch. Protein for breakfast = full longer = less hangry later.


Me when I don't eat enough protein and get seriously hangry:


CHRISTMAS COME EARLY! I am officially a Costco member and I took a trip to paradise yesterday to celebrate. I'm so overwhelmed in there because I just want #allthefood.


A second candle mysteriously appeared in my office last night. A nice gift? Or a sublet hint? Hmmm....I also now constantly crave Cinnamon Buns.


Nana caught me taking my 4th Banana Cupcake...
I told her I need carbs + bananas for my race so this was completely necessary. It's pure science.



I hope you enjoy the recipe and had a fabulous weekend! Run, eat, and be happy =).
I'll report back on Monday how the flash mob went (insert nervous laugh here).


BANANA CUPCAKES

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Wet Ingredients:
  • 11 tbsp butter
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas2 large eggs
DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pan
  • Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  • Combine all of the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well combined.
  • Bake for 20 - 25 minutes
She used a Cream Cheese frosting but feel free to use whatever is your favorite!

Any fun plans for this weekend?!

Do you like public speaking? ...Or public dancing?

How do you choose your running shoes? Any faves?


3 comments:

  1. Yay, welcome to South Florida! ;) The weather has been in the mid 80s lately so... basically perfect :) I hope the 90s are gone for the rest of the year! Hope the flash mob at the wedding goes smoothly, it sounds really fun!

    I hate waiting for my Garmin to connect. I have the 220 which is supposed to connect super fast but mine connects at the same speed my 210 did, which is to say it takes forever. The other day it took over 5 minutes to connect! I actually just gave up waiting and started to run and it finally connected at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEEEEY girla!

    Have fun doing the flash mob!!! That sounds sooo epic!!!
    I just barely bought meself some new running shoes (for free, thanks to a 99 buck gift card!), and you are totally right--I should definitely have changed them out WAY sooner. I'm curious to see how many of my aches will magically (please?) go away when I use them!

    Thanks for the recipe! Looks SO good! And yeah...I would have been right there with you on cupcake #4 haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the flash mob! Sounds like it'll be super fun!
    Mmm nothing better than new candles when Autumn comes around. I always seem to spend a ridiculous amount of money on pumpkin scented/tasting everything during this season.
    + your food pictures always make me super hungry Amanda. Again, I really need to start learning how to cook!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...