Monday, September 15, 2014

5-Ingredient Homemade Granola Bars

Hi there, happy Monday! I have a feeling this is going to be a really good week.

The other day I was eating a Chewy Bar when I decided Granola Bars would be really easy to make myself! These are Gluten-Free and use all natural sugars =). Kid approved, too!


I want to thank all my family and friends for the unbelievable amount of love and support I got this weekend before and after my race. Every word of encouragement seriously warmed my heart and I felt so incredibly blessed.

Full race recap is coming tomorrow! Still working on some editing and some possible video footage of me trying to pace with the 7-minuters (preview: the struggle was so real, don't laugh).




My weekend was spent at my Grandparents' house with amazing food and a lot of love. My Nana warms my heart.


And my Nana fills my belly. She bought me SO much food #allthecarbs. These Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels for the win. If you've never had them you really should go buy them today, they're amazing.


One last shake-out run before the big day.  This is why I love running before the sun rises...solace, peace, clarity, therapy, whatever you want to call it.


Hi, hello, these Nike Tempo Running shorts were $1. ONE DOLLAR. I've got a thing for thrift shopping lately.  I also took "thrifted" so many Mason Jars from my Nana's house this weekend, I felt like I won the lottery.


Now for the easiest homemade granola bars ya ever did see? eat? make? all of the above?


This is what the pitted dates will look like once fully processed!


Firmly pack the mixture into your baking dish so that everything sticks together.


Obsessed with this coffee mug. My mornings are better when I drink from a coffee mug I really like...is that weird?


Original recipe HERE


5-INGREDIENT GRANOLA BARS


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup pitted dates 
  • 1/4 cup honey 
  • 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
  • 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (GF oats for my GF friends)
DIRECTIONS 
  • Process dates in a food processor for about 60 seconds. My dates rolled into a ball (like in the picture above).
  • Combine oats, almonds and dates in a bowl.
  • Heat the honey and almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat. 
  • Once creamy, pour over oat mixture and mix thoroughly.
  • Transfer to an 8"x8" baking dish. I lined mine with tin foil but parchment paper works just as well! Make sure the mixture is patted down firmly in the dish.
  • Place in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes until the bars harden.
  • Remove from freezer and cut granola bars into desired size. Enjoy!
**You can also add other fun ingredients such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, different nuts, etc.

Where do you get most of your workout clothes from?

Tell me one fun thing you did this weekend!


4 comments:

  1. You totally sold me on morning runs, now if only I can figure out a way to stop hitting snooze! And wow, those nike shorts were such a bargain! Looking forward to reading your race recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so simple + delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girl! They were eaten verrrrry quickly =)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...