Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers

Hi there!  I hope you are having a great Wednesday!

I have a slight obsession with Sweet Potatoes so when I saw this recipe ( HERE ), I knew I had to try them.



Only 2 patties survived my clumsy hands...the rest ended up on the floor. 


I watched THIS video and have become obsessed with this new running form. They break the form down into 4 parts: 1) Posture - make sure your are not slouching. Raising your arms in the air automatically resets your posture. 2) Mid-foot Strike - march in place to find what your mid-foot strike should feel like. 3) Cadence - smaller steps are better than longer strides. Smaller steps will actually make you faster. 4) Lean - lean forward, at the ankles. Your strike should not go beyond your knee.

I find running with this form SO much easier and much more enjoyable.

After my run my little sister told me that my love fern (my tomato plant) finally grew! I was so excited, ran outside, and found this....



Can you spot the 2 fake ones ;)

Breakfast, I love you. Whole wheat toast, almond butter, banana, and chia seeds.



And dinner with some girlfriends to end the night. Warm goat cheese = heaven. That is all.



When making these Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers, be sure not to DROP them on the floor.



SWEET POTATO QUINOA BURGERS


INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups baked sweet potato, skins removed & mashed (approximately 2 medium sweet potatoes
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • Medium yellow onion, diced
  • 3 cloves of crushed garlic
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme (more to garnish)
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Earth balance vegan butter

DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat oven too 400 degrees. Pierce sweet potatoes and bake for approximately 45 minutes. When they are finished, remove skins and mash.
  • Cook quinoa as directed on the package (1 cup of quinoa / 2 cups of water)
  • Over medium-high heat, cook diced onions with olive oil and salt, until the onions are translucent. Add garlic and a pinch of thyme.
  • Combine the sweet potatoes, quinoa, onion mixture, and pepper. Stir until completely mixed!
  • Form into patties (whatever size you want). 
  • Cook on a non-stick pan for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. I used Vegan Butter but you can use whatever you would like. Coconut oil would work well too!
Enjoy!

We put some of the burger dough in the fridge and enjoyed them the next day. These batter even tastes good raw =).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...