Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Quinoa and Lentil Salad

Hi beauty! 

Growing up I always thought of lentils as either having to be in a soup or just mushy gross-ness that was not for me. Now that I know how to make them just right, I think they are fab!

Lentils 101:  
  • Great source of dietary fiber which helps with digestion 
  • Awesome source of protein - especially for vegans or vegetarians looking for protein alternatives
  • Slow-burning legume which will keep you feeling full longer, boost metabolism, and boost energy levels
  • A wonderful weight loss food! With almost no fat and only 230 calories per cup, lentils are a nutrient dense food



If you've been reading this blog you have probably picked up on the fact that I love Gina's workouts and recipes. Sooo you guessed right, the original recipe I got HERE from the lovely Gina. (Thanks Gina for always giving me some new goodness to try ;)

In other exciting news, this is my very first, home-grown tomato. Try not to be overwhelmed by its size. 


I have successfully made it to day 5 of my "no gum for 30 days" challenge. Unfortunately my family is not participating so I just have the Orange Sour Patch man staring at me all day. Tempting me. 


Now for the recipe! I put Quinoa & Lentils over a plate of spinach, but it also tastes fab in a wrap.




QUINOA & LENTIL SALAD


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup quinoa, cooked
  • 16 oz cooked lentils
  • 4 oz sundried tomatoes, chopped
  • 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • 2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 tbps lemon juice
  • A dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder

DIRECTIONS 
  • Cook the quinoa and lentils. 
  • Combine quinoa, lentils, and all other ingredients into a large bowl. 
  • Stir, serve, and enjoy!

What is 1 food you wish you had the will power to give up?
- My next one is packaged hot cocoa. I want to learn to make my own, non-processed!


2 comments:

  1. Donuts, donuts, and more donuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Chocolate ones are especially tempting =)

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...