Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Homemade Hummus - Secret Ingredient

Happy hump day!

I had the most intense urge for hummus the other day and decided I wanted to try to make it myself.  I also recently got a new Food Processor and I think I have found true love.



I got the original recipes HERE but halved it because I wasn't making it for a huge group of people. It uses both PEANUT BUTTER (yes, please) and GREEK YOGURT...weird, I know. But heavenly, I promise.  

This recipe came to be because the Tahini Sauce (that most hummus recipes call for) was hiding somewhere on the Grocery Store shelves and my patience hit 0% after about 7.5 minutes of looking. 

On another note, my little sister requested I show everyone her yogurt parfait that she created AND photographed. A true work of art, a blogger future is ahead of her.



My Dad is off to Aneheim, California to photograph the IDEA World Fitness Convention. Are any of you going?? My favorite blogger, The Fitnessista, will be at the IDEA Blogfest and I wish so badly I could go!




HOMEMADE HUMMUS

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cans of chickpeas (also called Garbanzo Beans)
  • 1 clove garlic (peeled)
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 5 tablespoons greek yoghurt
  • 2 tablespoons peanuts (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (to serve)

DIRECTIONS 
  • Drain and dry the chickpeas. 
  • Add the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, peanut butter, lemon juice, salt, and cumin into a food processor. Process until smooth.
  • Add the greek yogurt. Process or stir by hand until it is well mixed.
  • Top with paprika and serve!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...