Friday, August 29, 2014

Homemade French Toast Casserole

Happy Friday!

I am off to Indiana for the the long weekend to celebrate one of my best friend's wedding!!

But first, I will leave with you the most amazing French Toast Casserole recipe. It is great to take to a brunch, serve to guests, or make for the family one morning. It's not the healthiest thing in the world, but sometimes ya just gotta indulge a little.



Not running some mornings so that I can run.... If that makes sense. GymRa kills me every time. 

1. Starting from a table top position, lift your left leg in the air, forming a 90 degree angle.
2. Point your toe and lift your leg. Really focus on contracting your glutes. Pretend like you are trying to touch the ceiling with your toe.
3. Do 20 reps, flex your foot and repeat for 20 more reps. Switch legs.

When I do this move, I feel like my leg lifts SO high and I get really proud of my self. Then I see this and realize I maybe got a total lift-age of 2 inches? Maybe 3?? Having someone photograph or video workout moves can help to ensure your form and alignment are correct!


Learn more HERE about the benefits of Cross-Training for runners.

Next race is in 16 days....yikes.

11 miles done this morning with a new headlamp. It was too cute to photograph.



In all honesty it's scary running in the dark. A man with a head lamp ran by me a few mornings ago and I tried to follow him and use his light buuuuut he must have been doing some speed training or SOMETHING because I probably kept up with him for 24 seconds. 

The end of my morning runs look like this, I'm not mad about it. 


My little sister writes thank you notes AND makes you presents for giving her gifts. She is the cutest thing. Who wouldn't want this beautiful purse?? PS. Today is her actual birthday, happy birthday Hales!!



I brought a salad for lunch to work (edamame, chickpeas, quinoa, tomatoes, craisins, carrots) and right as I finished eating...


...I was asked to try a "sample" of a new dish the chefs were making. Their sample size = my lunch #2. The joys of working at a Culinary School.  Turban fish over spiced fresh vegetables.


Annnd back to the French Toast Casserole. This one is SUPER easy because you prepare 90% of it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight.



The next morning, dump the contents of the bag into a baking dish, add the topping, and bake!


Original recipe HERE



FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 8 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 cups milk
  • 4 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
Topping:
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • Maple syrup, optional

DIRECTIONS 
  • Cut the French Bread loaf into 1-inch cubes. Put cubes in a 1-gallon zip lock bag.
  • Combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Pour into the zip lock bag. Let this sit for 8 hours or overnight.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Dump the contents of the bag into a 9" x 13" baking dish.
  • Dot with butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. 
  • Cover and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes. Enjoy!
**I uncovered mine for the last 10 minutes so that it browned on top.

What are you up to for the long weekend?
Favorite breakfast food?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...