Friday, August 15, 2014

Healthy Summer Fruit Tart

Hi beauties!

I was driving home from a quick adventure to UNC when the thermostat in my car hit 100 degrees! I knew my upcoming dessert creations needed to be full of summer fruit goodness.


I got the original recipe HERE and made a few changes.


My attempt to tilt the tart forward for a picture almost ended with the tart face-down on the floor. Disregard the look of horror on my face.


This morning I got in a glorious 9 mile run. The trails are always so crowded on Saturday mornings (long run training day) so I made an impromptu decision to go for it this morning.



When do you do your long runs?

Favorite part of your nightly routine?




HEALTHY SUMMER FRUIT TART

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup chopped strawberries
  • 1/2 cup sliced blackberries
  • 2 cups dry old-fashion oats
  • 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 tbsp organic agave nectar (separated into 3 and 1)
  • 2 tbsp coconut/almond milk blend
  • 1/2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp Light Cottage Cheese
DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  • Mix the dry ingredients: oats, cocoa powder, and baking powder
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry: agave nectar (or sweetener of choice), and milk.
  • Grease a baking pan and form a 9" circle with the dough. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
  • Create the topping while the base is cooking. Mix the yogurt, cheese, and sweetener of choice.
  • After the base has cooled for 10 minutes, spread the yogurt mixture on top of the pie base. 
  • Slice / cut berries as desired and spread over top
Enjoy!

Note: You can use whatever berries you prefer, any sweetener, and I even added chocolate chips to mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...