Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Happy Thursday!

Today is technically my "Friday" since I will by flying to Indiana this weekend for a college friend's wedding!

Because I still need to be able to fit in to my dress for the wedding this week I opted for Cauliflower Pizza Crust (original recipe HERE) rather than Flour Crust. Honestly it was so amazing I could have eaten just the crust!


The crust alone tasted like cheesy bread sticks. I know most people do not believe me right now, but it is true. You must try it. Say it with me: Cheesy. Bread. Sticks.



My morning started off with an 8 mile run on a new path. I did not see a single person the entire time....



Monday was my first day adventuring down another nutrition path I am currently exploring. I was pleasantly surprised when I got there and realized I was right on a beautiful pond with endless trees. I'll be picnicking every Monday.


It was one of those, 'grab anything in the fridge / pantry' days: Craisins, sliced almonds, lentils, carrots....why not.



Dinner with the fam to celebrate my older sister because she is doing some really amazing things right now and I am so impressed by her. She lives in NYC but was in town for work =). 


Now for the pizza crust good-ness that you must try right now.



CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 375  degrees and line a cookie sheet
  • Rinse the cauliflower, cut it into florets, and put it in a food processor. Process until all pieces are completely chopped up
  • Place on the cookie sheet, flat, and bake for approximately 15 minutes
  • Put the cooked cauliflower into a bowl and heat oven to 450 degrees
  • Drain all the water out of the cauliflower using cheesecloth or some other method
  • Combine the cauliflower, egg, Parmesan, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
  • Cook for 15-20 minutes.
Your crust is then ready! Feel free to top with whatever you would like. I used homemade spicy pizza sauce, Mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. I put it back in the oven until the cheese melted and then served.

What're you doing this weekend?? Anyone racing?

Thoughts on side bangs? I'm kind of over my hair right now...

4 comments:

  1. Even with the archery, it still looks like you found a beautiful spot to run.

    I need to get a haircut (it's been months and months), and I'm so looking forward to getting my bangs back. I've missed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me want to try bangs!!

      Delete
  2. Happy to find your blog too. My husband makes a delicious cauliflower crust! Side bangs...hmmm, I always think I'll like them but then always use a bobby pin to put them back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious!! Always a plus to have a hubby that can cook =).

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...