Thursday, August 21, 2014

Apple-Pecan Cake

Happy Thursday!

I was assigned to make a dessert for Book Club's meeting tonight AND it is one of the ladies birthdays so I decided to do a little less of my usual extreme healthy-ness and a lot more extreme taste-good-ness.


But first, some Thursday ramblings.

It is starting to get lighter later in the AM which I'm not a huge fan of since I am a morning runner. BUT I do find something peaceful about running with just the moon.


I think this is my dog's way of telling me she wants to try out for soccer.


This recipe (original HERE) was really easy to make and had the whole house smelling heavenly.




APPLE-PECAN CAKE


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples (about 4 large), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges

DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat the oven to 350. 
  • Place the chopped pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 5 - 7 minutes. I flipped mine half way through.
  • Combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
  • Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
  • Add the dry mixture to the wet mixtures and mix until all combined. This will have the consistency of cookie-dough.
  • Slowly add the apples and pecans (1 cup of pecans. Save the other 1/2 for the frosting).
  • Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish and add the mixture, spreading evenly.
  • Bake for about 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 45 minutes before frosting.
I used THIS Cream Cheese frosting recipe which was really easy and tasty. 

Enjoy!


Do you prefer fruit or chocolate in your desserts?
 - Definitely chocolate for me

Thoughts on Barre?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...