I was assigned to make a dessert for Book Club's meeting tonight AND it is one of the ladies birthdays so I decided to do a little less of my usual extreme healthy-ness and a lot more extreme taste-good-ness.
But first, some Thursday ramblings.
It is starting to get lighter later in the AM which I'm not a huge fan of since I am a morning runner. BUT I do find something peaceful about running with just the moon.
This recipe (original HERE) was really easy to make and had the whole house smelling heavenly.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples (about 4 large), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the chopped pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 5 - 7 minutes. I flipped mine half way through.
- Combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixtures and mix until all combined. This will have the consistency of cookie-dough.
- Slowly add the apples and pecans (1 cup of pecans. Save the other 1/2 for the frosting).
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish and add the mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 45 minutes before frosting.
I used THIS Cream Cheese frosting recipe which was really easy and tasty.
- Definitely chocolate for me
Thoughts on Barre?