This morning when I was looking in my fridge to make something for breakfast, I realized I had half-can of pumpkin puree and decided it was a Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal kind of morning.
It tasted just like Pumpkin Pie, I'm definitely going to make this again! I got the original recipe HERE, thanks Anne!
Let me know if you try it or any changes you made!
Random thought of the day: currently obsessed with THIS song...it was playing in the background as my oats cooked.
PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or almond milk)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- sprinkle of ground cloves
- sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- Handful of nuts or berries (optional!)
- Heat the oat, milk, banana and cinnamon over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is a creamy texture.
- Reduce the heat and add the pumpkin, ground cloves, and nutmeg.
- Add your choice of add-ons and enjoy!