Sunday, July 27, 2014

Healthy Baked Cod

Hi friends!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This weekend we decided to stray from our usual fish of choice (which is salmon), and try out a new Cod recipe. It was a success!



I caught the cod myself. ....just kidding. I did go fishing, but I threw all the fish back. Please note how far away from my body this fish remained.


We usually coat fish in eggs and some sort of bread crumb, but I wanted to explore a healthier option and opted to try THIS recipe. It felt nice and light and was super easy to make!


Served best over a whole grain (rice, pasta, or other grain).  Pour the left over juices from the cod marinade over your whole grain for some extra flavor.





HEALTHY BAKED COD


INGREDIENTS
  • 4 cod fillets, about 1" thick
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • Dash of salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika (optional)
DIRECTIONS 
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Place cod in a baking dish so that all pieces fit flatly on the bottom.
  • Mix together the lemon juice and olive oil. Brush over cod
  • Sprinkle garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper over the cod. 
  • Bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: Feel free to play with other spices such as paprika. We put it on 2 of the fillets but did not have a strong preference for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...