Monday, July 28, 2014

Banana Bread Oatmeal

Good morning, good morning!

It is Monday, but that means it is also The Bachelorette season finale. Can't help myself.

My latest oatmeal kick hasn't seemed to fade. I present, microwaveable Banana Bread Oatmeal which takes approximately 4 minutes to make.

My other favorite morning oatmeal:  Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


Before I tell you this ridiculously easy recipe I got HERE, I also wanted to announce that we have life!...my dear tomato plant has finally produced SOMETHING.

If it dies tomorrow, I'll still feel satisfied.


You make these oats in the microwave which makes for a super easy clean up. I added raisins, cinnamon, and almond butter to my oatmeal but you can add whatever you want!

Add-on ideas:
- Nut butter and seeds
- Fresh berries and nut butter
- Coconut flakes and fresh berries






BANANA BREAD OATMEAL


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (or oats of your choice)
  • 1/2 cup skim milk (or milk of your choice)
  • Dash of cinnamon
DIRECTIONS 
  • Combine the banana, oats, milk, and cinnamon into a microwave safe bowl (or mug!)
  • Microwave for 1.5 minutes, stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds
  • Add your toppings. Enjoy!

Note* Make sure the oats don't spill over the edge of your bowl while in the microwave...it may have happened to me once...or twice.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This looks so good, I will definitely try this in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...