Sunday, June 8, 2014

Ground Turkey Tacos

Let's talk tacos!

Tacos are one of those fun meals where you can add a lot of nutritious ingredients while still getting a burst of flavor. Some of the best taco additions:

  • green, red, yellow bell peppers
  • onions (I prefer yellow)
  • lettuce
  • salsa
If you choose a lean meat, add a lot of vegetable toppings, and go light on the cheese and sauces, tacos can be a wonderfully nutritious dinner option!


After years of searching and experimenting I have found the perfect taco recipe. This is my favorite seasoning mix yet. I know, I know, photography really isn't my strong suite right now. Just take my word for it, these tacos are so good!



This recipe was so easy and turned out so delicious, I'll definitely be making it again. You could also serve this taco mixture with tortilla chips as an appetizer.

Haley loved taco night too....




I got the recipe HERE from the never failing, always amazing, SkinnyTaste.



GROUND TURKEY TACOS


INGREDIENTS
  • 1lbs 99% lean ground turkey
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 small onion, minced
  • 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 4 oz can tomato sauce
DIRECTIONS 
  • Brown the ground turkey over medium heat.
  • Combine the seasonings into a bowl, mix together, and add to the browned turkey meat.
  • Add the water, onion, bell pepper, and tomato sauce to the pan.
  • Cover and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes. 
  • Serve with whole wheat tortillas, over salad, or with tortilla chips. 
Enjoy!

I doubled the recipe since I had 2 lbs of ground turkey meat and used red and yellow bell peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...