If you ever need a quick dish to whip up for a summer party, this is the dish for you. It's simple, delicious, and all the colors really make it pop.
Step 1. Get ingredients.
Step 2. Throw (literally, just throw them) together and toss with hands.
This dish was inspired by a salad I had from my second home, Trader Joe's.
Vitamin rich and protein packed so you won't feel guilty if you eat a little too much of this for dinner.
Mexican Summer Salad
- 3 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless, chopped bite-sized
- 15 oz can of corn
- 1 cup pepitas
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- Leafy greens
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- Grill chicken and season as desired (I used cajun seasoning)
- Add corn (I left it cold), pepitas, bell peppers, grilled chicken and Asiago cheese to the leafy greens.
- Toss with hands and serve!
It really does not get more simple than this. Add a light salad dressing and / or more seasoning to the chicken if you want a punch! Let me know what you try!