Sometimes when you wake up, cookies just sound so right. These were very dense, but amazingly delicious and kept me full until lunch!
- Supply you with energy for the day
- You will snack less and avoid being ravenous by lunch time
- Studies show you tend to eat better throughout the day if you started it with a nutritious breakfast
Click HERE for a list of great, healthy breakfast ideas!
Enjoy the recipe below! I found the original recipe HERE.
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 & 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup wheat flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Add-ons: Craisins, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, coconut
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease cookie sheets
- Combine mashed bananas, peanut butter, and applesauce
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and add-ons.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- Roll into balls and place onto cookie sheets at whatever desired size.
- Bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes!