I know a lot of guys who think "Vegan" and "Black Bean" and "Burger" should never be in the same sentence...but let me tell you, these have been "Guy Approved" and then some.
I scoured the web for the best black bean burger recipe out there and found this recipe HERE from Daily Garnish.
Let me know what you think! What is your favorite type of meatless burger to make?
VEGAN BLACK BEAN BURGER
- 2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a food processor, combine oats and sunflower seeds. After about 10 seconds, add grated carrots.
- Stir in 3/4 of the beans, all spices, and olive oil.
- Once all combined, stir in remaining beans.
- Form 6 burgers, place on non-stick baking sheet, and bake for approximately 45 minutes