I have an amazingly delicious pizza recipe coming at ya today. I like to make my pizzas at home so that I can add whatever I want and use specific ingredients to health-ify it =). Using low fat cheese, a light sauce, and a ton of veggies is a great way to enjoy pizza while cutting out some calories!
Onion cutting tip: Wear swim goggles so that the onion doesn't bother your eyes!
These happened to be my 8 year old sister's swim goggles and they cut off all circulation to my brain...not my best look.
Enjoy! Let me know if you try any additional add-ons or recipe modifications!
GARLIC BASIL PESTO PIZZA
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup garlic basil pesto sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup grilled chicken
- Mozzarella cheese, how much ever you want!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread the olive oil on the pre-made pizza crust. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the basil pesto sauce on the pizza crust.
- Top with mushrooms, onions, cheese, and grilled chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over top, as desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
Of course, feel free to remove or add whatever toppings you want! Enjoy!